Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Punahou School

Janaury 20, 2009, was a special day for Punahou School in Honolulu, Hawaii. One of its graduates became the 44th president of the United States. Punahou School's marching band played at the presidential inauguration and was rewarded with warm smiles and shakas from the Obama family. Punahou School is a special place for me because I worked there as an editor and photographer in their communications office prior to starting my photography business. Punahou School's initiatives include public service, sustainability, social entrepreneurship and global citizenship - values that I hope Barack Obama will embrace. Good luck, Mr. President! Punahou has taught you well. 


Punahou School has several historical buildings on its lovely grounds. It has one of the most beautiful chapels on Oahu. Several Punahou graduates get married at Thurston Chapel. Above is a photograph I took of the chapel's stained glass and Lily Pond.

No comments: